The Advanced Diploma in Hotel and Restaurant Management with Specialisation in Digital Business is a comprehensive programme focusing on developing strong fundamental understanding in the key areas of hospitality and restaurant operations and management with a heavy focus on digital business in the current and future economy.
WHERE OUR STUDENTS HAVE WORKED AT?
Students will acquire a thorough appreciation of the lodging industry, as well as gain operational and strategic skills required for hotel, tourism and restaurant management. Students will also get hands-on knowledge in all operational aspects of the Food and Beverage sector within the hospitality industry. This is to provide students with a strong in-depth foundation of the industry sector required to manage a restaurant or food and beverage department.
Students will also cover relevant modules to our current and future economy. Modules covered are Financial Technology (FINTECH), Data Analytics, Foundation Mathematics, Business Statistics, Digital Marketing and Digital Business Models.
Students will be equipped to understand and succeed in the changing business landscape in areas such as finance, strategy, marketing and sales. Students will also learn how to analyse data and statistics to make good business decisions.
- Straight route from Operations to Management.
- Latest Hotel and Restaurant Strategies
- Maximise Efficiency and Output
- Career Opportunity in Asia’s Booming Hospitality Industry
- Competitive Advantage in the changing landscape with digital business
“In terms of driving improvements in productivity, employers most value the Diploma (70 per cent).” “Three quarters of employers view the Diploma as a benefit to their employer brand and reputation.” (Management Standards Centre, 2007)
This programme is awarded by GEA Institute, a private education institution registered with the committee for private education (CPE). Upon successful completion of the programme, attendees will be awarded the title of Advanced Diploma in Hotel and Restaurant Management with Specialisation in Digital Business and receive a certification from GEA Institute. Graduates will be able to use the Advanced Dip in Hotel and Restaurant Management with Specialisation in Digital Business on their name cards.
The Committee for Private Education (CPE) was appointed by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) Board.
SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) is a statutory board under the Ministry of Education (MOE). It drives and coordinates the implementation of the national SkillsFuture movement, promotes a culture and holistic system of lifelong learning through the pursuit of skills mastery, and strengthens the ecosystem of quality education and training in Singapore.
SSG strengthens the adult training infrastructure by taking on all existing functions of the Committee for Private Education (CPE), as well as guiding the Institute for Adult Learning (IAL) to enhance the capabilities and professionalism of adult educators. SSG plays a key role in the quality assurance for private education institutions and adult training centres. Together with educational institutions and training partners, SSG ensures that students and working adults have access to high quality, industry-relevant training throughout life. SSG also brings together synergies in continuing education and training (CET) and pre-employment training (PET), so skills requirements will continue to meet the demands of different sectors of the economy. (From SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) Website.)
On completion of the programme, graduates can apply for our higher level executive programmes. Special exemptions and other benefits are available.
Study from ANYWHERE and ANYTIME!
Learning Management System (LMS) for busy working adults on any Mobile device or Personal Computer.
|Language:||Conducted fully in English|
|Mode of delivery:||Blended mode of self-managed learning, discussions, face to face tutorial and online support system. Applied learning is the main focus as we recognised the importance of being able to apply the skills and knowledge learned in the Advanced Diploma for our working professional attendees, as well as the essentiality of being in touch with the latest and best industry practices.|
|Duration:||Full-time & Part-time: 20 Months (900 Contact Hours)|
|Number of modules:||18 modules & 1 Capstone Project|
|Lesson Frequency:||Full-time: 5 Days per week x 3 Hours per day / Part-time: 3 Days per week x 5 Hours per day|
|Lecturers:||Modules are conducted by our experienced and knowledgeable lecturers.|
|Student to Teacher Ratio||We focus on having small class sizes to maximize the effectiveness of active learning and facilitation. 1 Teacher to 10 Students (Average Class Ratio)|
|Assessment:||60 % Coursework, 40% Final Examination. More emphasis is placed on coursework in recognition of the importance of practical industry application of knowledge.|
(18 Modules and 1 Capstone Project over 20 Months.)
- Facilities and Property Management
- Food, Bar and Beverage Operations and Management
- Rooms Division Operations and Management
- Front Office Operations and Management
- Operations and Technology Management
- Accounting with global perspective
- Meetings, Incentives, Conventions and Exhibitions (MICE)
- Business Communications
- Leadership and Team Management
- International Human Capital Management
- Service Quality and Professional Etiquette
- Global Sales Skills
Specialisation in Digital Business Modules
- Digital Marketing
- Foundation Mathematics
- Digital Business Models
- Business Statistics
- Financial Technology (Fintech)
- Data Analytics
- Capstone Project on Digital Business Application
Admissions & Fees
All admission applications should be completed by the following admission deadlines.
- Admissions deadline for applications is at the end of every JAN/MAY/SEPTEMBER
Your Personal Investment
SGD 18,000.00, excluding application and registration fees.
(Scholarships are available.)
Scholarships/Study Grants of up to 70% of total fees for ALL local and foreign applicants. (All Work Permit/SPASS/EP applicable.)
Scholarships/Study Grants are for applicants who are low income or have financially challenging situations to pursue their studies and upgrade their careers.
(Terms and Conditions Apply. For more information on the Scholarships/Study grants, WhatsApp +65 9187 7886)
- Company Sponsorship
- Bank Loan
All applicants should fulfil the following requirements:
- Minimum 3 O Level Passes with 3 Years work experience or a recognised diploma or 3 A Level Passes
* Special admission will be considered on a case by case basis. Interested applicants please submit the following:
- Duly completed application form (Download form from our website or collect a copy from our office)
- Photocopy all supporting documents (Certificates & Transcript)
- Application fee of SGD 300
Please complete the above application process and mail/send in person to 1 Kay Siang Road, #10-01
OR email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accepted applicants will have to prepare a registration fee of SGD 500. NEED MORE DETAILS? Please call at 6909 2153/ 6909 2154 OR email us at email@example.com
- Industrial relevant curriculum
- Applied learning focused
- Exposure to a variety of International case studies
- Completed in 20 months
- Globally experienced & knowledgeable lecturers from International Organisations such as the World Bank
- Faculty with International contacts in various industries
- Platform to network with experienced & Internationally reputable individuals
- Frequent talks by renowned and experienced Global corporate leaders
- Advanced Diploma in Hotel and Restaurant Management with Specialisation in Digital Business
- Every January, May & September
- Company Sponsorship
- Bank loan
- 20 months
- Where: Executive Campus. Visit our Contact Us page.
- Hybrid Methods: Face to face tutorial, discussions, online learning management system (LMS)
- Corporate Training Style: Encouraged to discuss with lecturers & peers on module related issues in your own organisation for real life examples and practice of applied learning
- 60 %: Coursework
- 40%: Final Exam
- GEA Modules: Conducted by our globally experienced and reputable lecturers
- Be notified to join our seminars conducted by world renowned individuals
- Chance to network with reputable individuals from various industries
- Career Opportunities on graduation