The Diploma in Hotel and Restaurant Management is a comprehensive programme focusing on developing strong fundamental understanding in the key areas of hospitality and restaurant operations and management. Students will acquire a thorough appreciation of the lodging industry, as well as gain operational and strategic skills required for hotel, tourism and restaurant management. Students will also get hands-on knowledge in all operational aspects of the Food and Beverage sector within the hospitality industry. This is to provide students with a strong in-depth foundation of the industry sector required to manage a restaurant or food and beverage department.
- Straight route from Operations to Management.
- Latest Hotel and Restaurant Strategies
- Maximise Efficiency and Output
- Career Opportunity in Asia’s Booming Hospitality Industry
“In terms of driving improvements in productivity, employers most value the Diploma (70 per cent).”
“Three quarters of employers view the Diploma as a benefit to their employer brand and reputation.”
(Management Standards Centre, 2007)
This programme is accredited by GEA Institute, a private education institution registered with the committee for private education (CPE). Upon successful completion of the programme, attendees will be awarded the title of Advanced Diploma in Hotel and Restaurant Management and receive a certification from GEA Institute.
Graduates will be able to use the Advance. Dip in Hotel and Restaurant Management on their name cards.
On completion of the programme, graduates can apply for our higher level executive programmes. Special exemptions and other benefits are available.
|Language:||Conducted fully in English|
|Mode of delivery:||Blended mode of self-managed learning, discussions, face to face tutorial and online support system. Applied learning is the main focus as we recognised the importance of being able to apply the skills and knowledge learned in the Executive Diploma for our working professional attendees, as well as the essentiality of being in touch with the latest and best industry practices.|
|Duration:||Full-time & Part-time: 12 Months (540 Contact Hours)|
|Number of modules:||12 modules|
|Lesson Frequency:||Full-time: 5 Days per week x 3 Hours per day / Part-time: 3 Days per week x 5 Hours per day|
|Lecturers:||Modules are conducted by our experienced and knowledgeable lecturers.|
|Student to Teacher Ratio||We focus on having small class sizes to maximize the effectiveness of active learning and facilitation.
1 Teacher to 10 Students (Average Class Ratio)
|Assessment:||60 % Coursework, 40% Final Examination. More emphasis is placed on coursework in recognition of the importance of practical industry application of knowledge.|
Facilities and Property Management
Food, Bar and Beverage Operations and Management
Rooms Division Operations and Management
Front Office Operations and Management
Operations and Technology Management
Accounting with global perspective
Meetings, Incentives, Conventions and Exhibitions (MICE)
Leadership and Team Management
International Human Capital Management
Service Quality and Professional Etiquette
Global Sales Skills
Admissions & Fees
All admission applications should be completed by the following admission deadlines.
- Admissions deadline for applications is at the end of every JAN/MAY/SEPTEMBER
Your Personal Investment
SGD 10,000.00, excluding application and registration fees.
- Company Sponsorship
- Bank Loan
All applicants should fulfil the following requirements:
- Minimum 3 O Level Passes with 3 Years work experience or a recognised diploma or 3 A Level Passes
* Special admission will be considered on a case by case basis.
Interested applicants please submit the following:
- Duly completed application form (Download form from our website or collect a copy from our office)
- Photocopy all supporting documents (Certificates & Transcript)
- Application fee of SGD 300
Please complete the above application process and mail/send in person to 1 Kay Siang Road, #10-01.
Accepted applicants will have to prepare a registration fee of SGD 500.
NEED MORE DETAILS?
Please call at
6909 2153/ 6909 2154
OR email us at
- Industrial relevant curriculum
- Applied learning focused
- Exposure to a variety of International case studies
- Completed in 12 months (3 Semester)
- Globally experienced & knowledgeable lecturers from International Organisations such as the World Bank
- Faculty with International contacts in various industries
- Platform to network with experienced & Internationally reputable individuals
- Frequent talks by renowned and experienced Global corporate leaders
- Advanced Diploma in International Business Management
- Every January, May & September
- Company Sponsorship
- Bank loan
- 12 months for 12 modules
- Where: Executive Campus. Visit our Contact Us page.
- Hybrid Methods: Face to face tutorial, discussions, online resources
- Corporate Training Style: Encouraged to discuss with lecturers & peers on module related issues in your own organisation for real life examples and practice of applied learning
- 60 %: Coursework
- 40%: Final Exam
- GEA Modules: Conducted by our globally experienced and reputable lecturers
- Be notified to join our seminars conducted by world renowned individuals
- Chance to network with reputable individuals from various industries